Councils and Committees
Councils and Committees
A number of councils and committees comprised of members of the UNC community, alumni, and outside experts inform the work of UNC Global and global initiatives across campus. For descriptions of the offices that comprise UNC Global and their directors, visit our page on UNC Global’s structure.
The Global Partnership Roundtable is comprised of faculty and staff from across campus who serve as the primary liaisons for Carolina’s strategic and key international partnerships and advanced school partnerships, as well as the leadership of UNC Global. The Roundtable is convened by the Office of the Vice Provost for Global Affairs.
- Peter Coclanis, Global Research Institute, National University of Singapore Liaison
- Mike (Myron) Cohen, Institute for Global Health and Infectious Diseases, representing Carolina’s network of activity in Malawi and Zambia
- Rudi Colloredo-Mansfeld, College of Arts and Sciences
- Stephen Eckel, Eshelman School of Pharmacy, Liaison for the PharmAlliance
- Dick Langston, Department of Germanic and Slavic Languages and Literature, University of Tuebingen Liaison
- Melissa McMurray, UNC Global
- Steve Walsh, Center for Galapagos Studies, Universidad San Francisco de Quito Liaison
- Katie Bowler Young, King’s College London Liaison and UNC Global
The Carolina Global Council (CGC) comprises colleagues representing schools, centers and other internationally focused units on campus. The council brings together an array of international expertise and perspectives from across the University by providing a platform for information sharing about global initiatives and issues and enhancing collaboration across campus. The council meets quarterly and is convened by the Office of the Vice Provost for Global Affairs.
The Global Affairs Leadership Group is comprised of senior associate deans and associate deans for global programs across campus and is convened by the Office of the Vice Provost for Global Affairs. It meets to discuss policy, programs, and procedures.
- Marianne Baernholdt, Associate Dean for Global Initiatives, School of Nursing
- Peggy Bentley, Associate Dean for Global Health, Gillings School of Global Public Health
- Angela Bond, Director of Global Programs, Undergraduate Business Program, Kenan-Flager Business School
- Martha Carlough, Director of the Office of Global Health Education, School of Medicine
- Gina Chowa, Associate Dean for Global Engagement, School of Social Work
- Mike Cohen, Associate Vice Chancellor for Global Health
- Rudi Colloredo-Mansfeld, Senior Associate Dean for Social Sciences and Global Programs, College of Arts and Sciences
- Ingeborg De Kok, Director of Global Initiatives and Chief Global Officer, Adams School of Dentistry
- Stephen Eckel, Associate Dean for Global Engagement, Eshelman School of Pharmacy
- Raymond Farrow, Associate Provost for Global Affairs, Office of the Vice Provost for Global Affairs
- Jennifer Gerz-Escandon, Associate Dean for Interdisciplinary Education and Fellowship Program, Graduate School
- Jeff Greene, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, School of Education
- Julie MacMillan, Managing Director of Research, Innovation and Global Solutions, Gillings School of Global Public Health
- Gary Marchionini, Dean, School of Information and Library Science
- Mary-Rose Papandrea, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, School of Law
- William Rivenbark, MPA Program Director and Professor of Public Administration, School of Government
- Stephanie Schmitt, Associate Dean for Academics, Graduate School
- Valerie Slate, Senior Associate Director, MBA Global Programs, Kenan-Flagler Business School
- Louise Spieler, Senior Associate Dean for Strategy and Administration, Hussman School of Journalism and Media
- Barbara Stephenson, Vice Provost for Global Affairs and Chief Global Officer, Office of the Vice Provost for Global Affairs
- Heather Ward, Associate Dean for Study Abroad and Exchanges, College of Arts and Sciences
- Katie Bowler Young, Director of Global Relations, Office of the Vice Provost for Global Affairs
The Chancellor’s Global Leadership Council (CGLC) is a group of successful international business leaders, policy experts, innovative entrepreneurs, and philanthropists who are committed to providing strategic financial support for UNC’s global mission. The CGLC is comprised of alumni and friends who are aligned with different schools and units, personally engaged with global topics, or have significant regional expertise and interests. Learn more.