About the Program
The Global Visiting Students Program at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill provides international students with the opportunity to attend Carolina for one or two semesters, with full participation in the life of one of the most vibrant and academically rewarding public universities in the United States. Students can pursue courses in areas ranging from the arts to the sciences, and the University will welcome its first cohort of Global Visiting Students in Fall 2013. UNC-Chapel Hill still welcomes many international students through exchange programs established with partner universities.
Who Is Eligible for Fall 2013?
- Undergraduate applicants must have reached the status of sophomore, junior, senior or the equivalent.
- Students must be a matriculated student attending a partner university, or selected by an organization. In either case, an agreement must be in place between the institution or organization and the Global Visiting Students Program.
- Applications are due by March 15 for fall enrollment and October 15 for spring enrollment
- Equivalency grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale
- Personal statement/essay
- Official college transcript
- English language proficiency with a minimum score of 100 on the TOEFL iBT, a minimum score of 600 on the TOEFL PBT, or a band score of 7.5 or higher on the IELTS
- Letter of approval from the home university’s international office or equivalent
- Two academic references
- Housing preference form
- Additional biographical information as requested in the online application