- This event has passed.
POSTPONED: Climate Change Symposium
March 27, 2020 at 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Students from the Department and City Regional Planning affiliated with the CRC are holding their annual Climate change Symposium on March 27! See details below from the organizers:
They would like to invite students and professionals to the 7th Annual Climate Change Symposium on Friday, March 27th from 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. at the Genome Sciences Building on UNC Chapel Hill’s campus. The Symposium will be an opportunity for a cross-campus discussion about climate change science and impacts.
The Symposium will feature:
– Keynote Address: Sushma Masemore, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Environment and State Energy Director
– Carolina Climate Change Scientists: New Faculty Showcase Panel
– Lunch and Student Research Poster Showcase
– Panel Discussion, Climate Change Adaptation: Health, Equity, & Resiliency
– Panel Discussion, Climate Change Mitigation: Energy, Policy, & Action
If graduate or undergraduate students are interested in submitting a poster, submissions are being accepted until Friday, March 13. Posters can be submitted here, and cash prizes will be offered to the top two graduate submissions and the top undergraduate submission.
RSVPing ahead of time for the Symposium is appreciated, but not required.