- This event has passed.
Virtual: Engaging the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals in Africa
November 11, 2020 at 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Engaging the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals in Africa: A Conversation on How UNC’s Faculty Research Supports Africa will feature an online dialogue with Raymond Gilpin, Chief Economist and Head of Strategy and Analysis, Regional Bureau for Africa, UNDP. Also featured will be UNC faculty members:
– Rudi Colloredo-Mansfeld, Senior Associate Dean for Social Sciences and Global Programs, College of Arts and Sciences, UNC-CH
– Sudhanshu Handa, Kenan Eminent Professor, Public Policy, UNC-CH (Goal 1)
– Colin Thor West, Associate Professor, Anthropology, UNC-CH (Goal 2)
– Dr. Ross Matthew Boyce, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, UNC-CH (Goal 3)
– Kia Caldwell, Professor, African, African American and Diaspora Studies, UNC-CH (Goal 4)
– Emily Burrill, Associate Professor, History and Women’s and Gender Studies; Director, African Studies Center, UNC-CH (Goal 5)
– Aaron Salzberg, Director of the Water Institute, UNC-CH (Goal 6)
The event will be moderated by Ada Umenwaliri, Associate Director of the UNC African Studies Center, and will be a reflection on Africa’s progress on the goals, discuss the importance of faculty’s work and gain insights into the UN’s post Covid-19 priorities for Africa – priorities which inform all aspects of the continent’s development and reconstruction. Register today.