Carolina Global Food Program Summer Scholarship
January 14, 2019
The Carolina Global Food Program, an initiative within the Global Research Institute, is announcing its fourth annual competitive scholarship program in the summer of 2019.
In the program a select number of Carolina Global Food Program “Summer Scholars will be awarded up to $5,000 each to support food related summer research projects. Each awardee will explore a food topic relating to food or agriculture, broadly conceived. The topic may have an academic or policy focus or an emphasis on public service. As such, projects can be archivally based or involve field work or engagement experiences. Preference will be given to projects that are responsive to the goals of the university initiative “Food for All” and the long-term advancement of food studies at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- A current resumé
- A statement of intent, which should also reveal the applicant’s writing ability (1,000 word limit)
- A detailed budget
- Listing of other scholarship or award funding
- A reference from a UNC faculty member willing to serve as a mentor throughout the project
End of award period expectations:
- A written piece demonstrating the knowledge gained during the summer research.
- The scholar may be required to share a presentation in a group setting.
- The scholar may be asked to serve in the screening process for future applicants.
- The scholar must acknowledge scholarship in any presentation, paper or award relevant to their research.
Application Screening Committee
- James Ferguson, Director, Carolina Global Food Program
- Samantha Buckner Terhune, Associate Director, Carolina Global Food Program
- Application deadline – March 1, 2019
- Interviews – March 18-22, 2019
- Finalist notification – March 29, 2019
- Acceptance Deadline – April 5, 2019
Please email email@example.com for further information.
January 23, 2023