Bringing the world to UNC and extending Carolina’s presence worldwide are at the core of UNC Global’s mission. We welcome visitors to our campus, especially from our partner institutions and foreign governments. These visits can inform and enrich our teaching, research and student engagement.
If you will be hosting international visitors on campus, from the faculty level to a university president or a dignitary such as an ambassador, UNC Global is pleased to serve as a resource in your planning. We can provide guidance on appropriate protocol for:
- Relevant cultural practices and customs
- Logistics, such as transportation, lodging and security
- Organizing the visit agenda, including meetings and meals
- Selecting appropriate UNC administrators, faculty and students to invite
- Planning formal events, including details such as invitations, guest list, seating arrangements, suggestions of caterers and event spaces
- Developing briefings and other materials
- Tours of the UNC campus or the FedEx Global Education Center
- Gift exchange
- Flag etiquette
- Publicity, media relations and working with government press corps
To help you get started planning a visit, UNC Global has prepared a list of questions and issues to consider.
If you are developing a formal agreement with an international institution, please visit our international agreement page for templates and details about the University’s international agreements approval procedure. UNC Global can also inform you if any agreements already exist between UNC and the prospective partner institution.
For assistance in hosting visiting delegations or with international agreements, please contact:
International Liaison Officer