Call for Artists, FedEx Global Education Center
November 29, 2016
The FedEx Global Education Center at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is accepting proposals from artists to display work during the 2017-2018 academic year. Proposals are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Proposals should be submitted via mail to the FedEx Global Education Center – Ingrid Smith, manager of global events and exhibitions, FedEx Global Education Center, 301 Pittsboro St., Campus Box 5145, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 or emailed to email@example.com.
The FedEx Global Education Center considers display submissions in accordance with the following priorities:
- We seek to display works by artists from various world regions who create through paint, sculpture, textile, photography and other mediums.
- We consider the extent to which work reflects complex contemporary international issues.
- Works with an educational dimension consistent with the mission of the FedEx Global Education Center are encouraged.
All artists must submit the following to be considered:
- Artist’s statement
- 5 to 10 images of the proposed exhibition pieces, accompanying text, dimensions of pieces and explanation of how pieces will be displayed (discuss framing, mounting, etc.)
- Explanation of international focus and educational benefit
The gallery space within the center is housed on three levels and contains approximately 14 linear feet on each of the five walls in the space (one wall on the first floor and two walls on the second and third floors). Most exhibitions should utilize all three levels of the gallery space, but exhibitors may share gallery space on some occasions. Glass display cases (approximately 11.5’W x 8.5’H x 18”D) containing maple pedestals (14” squared, 3 in each height – 2’, 3’, and 4’) in the center’s atrium may also be used to highlight three-dimensional work.
Some works of art may be covered by the University’s fine arts policy and insurance, but the FedEx Global Education Center cannot be responsible for the security of artwork. Security personnel are on-site during evenings and weekends.
Exhibitions vary in length, but displays average two to four months.
Response time varies but can be expected within two to four months.
September 27, 2022
September 19, 2022